December 5, 2008

TRIO

TRIO
three episodes of love (and love lost) in free verse

Starlight and Espresso

Swirling sugar into the black
Bitterness made somewhat palatable
Awake, I am
Indulging my lips against
This blistering hot porcelain cup
I faint on the inside
But my hands still grip the quill
That traces every letter
That spells love
Oh my eyes are fixed
On that clever map against the sky
If only I had a magic compass
Then maybe, I can begin to trace
My way home
To you.


Tryst

There is an hour when jasmine blooms
Fragrant
In a garden undisclosed
At these moments
The sands of time
Come close to a standstill

I am awakened from my slumbering state
You are breathing my name
Softer than a whisper
An invitation from the universe
Only a lover’s heart could hear

A cascading blanket of tiny white diamonds
Greet my blurred perception
Suddenly you appear out of the shadows
To meet me with an embrace
Soon afterwards
We eagerly exchange mementos

I present to you my right hand
In it is the midday sun
You are pleased with it
And it’s rays draw your gaze
Deeper with it’s fiery dance
Whilst in your mouth you bear
The silken mist that floats at dawn
In which I partake of
Within your amorous kiss

Your breath falls on my neck
The sound of amplified hearts
Take the lead
Thus it is the opus
We choose to lend our bodies to
Whilst we execute the need
To quell the hunger that lies
Deep inside

Of you

And

I.


the.dreamcatcher’s.hostage


Last night’s gift, a carpet unfurled

Vast

For my indignant toes to walk upon

Three steps left, two steps right

Antarctica creeps

Into the quick of my vein

While my insides succumb to the plague

Ennui.

Mi corazón transforma en el palacio de invierno
¿Y mi sangre?

In its place, a violent poison

Mercury – water and silver

Playfully
cruelly
streaming from the wound. where

Reality
forcibly
ripped apart

Our Siamese souls.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Customized by Kari Lopez 2008.

Back to TOP